Wanted - WP OC Forks

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Agreed the key is the set up and Wp parts prices are reasonable compared to other.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I just did the full cartridge service on the kyb. Parts were well over 3k... just for cartridge seal, bushing and ics seal ad o rings

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
Yep exactly so for R6000 more you getting a better deal getting the Sherco. That's why I say it now makes sense due to the suspension you mentioned[emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not saying Sherco is bad at all, we have a mate that rides with us, and rode for Sherco last year, he has 2 Sherco's he can hardly give away.

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yep exactly so for R6000 more you getting a better deal getting the Sherco. That's why I say it now makes sense due to the suspension you mentioned[emoji108]

And apparently "a lot!" of other factory goodies on the bike as well that other brands also don't have installed as stock...

Team SBR

Forum Member
Reaction score
Not saying Sherco is bad at all, we have a mate that rides with us, and rode for Sherco last year, he has 2 Sherco's he can hardly give away.
If any of them are 2019 Factory models, I would gladly take one of his hands...

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
And apparently "a lot!" of other factory goodies on the bike as well that other brands also don't have installed as stock...
Another plus is the good old faithful keihin carb. No TPI issues!

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
If they continue with the current trend they will soon shake that French stigma surrounding the bike and 2nd hand value will increase

We already have the numbers on the Shercos at our local races and from what I hear the support and service of the local dealer is better than any other brand or mechanic. It will take time but I truly hope they make it big here

EDIT: By local I mean in the Western Cape

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
If they continue with the current trend they will soon shake that French stigma surrounding the bike and 2nd hand value will increase

We already have the numbers on the Shercos at our local races and from what I hear the support and service of the local dealer is better than any other brand or mechanic. It will take time but I truly hope they make it big here

EDIT: By local I mean in the Western Cape
Mountain Fever. . . . .

But I have to agree, my small local dealer has gone the extra mile every time I needed anything. They will not be participating in the Nationals this year but rather focus on support at smaller events for their customers.

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Sherco Model Differences

Racing Models
The Racing edition motorcycles may be the standard model range, but they are anything but standard. These are premium bikes that feature special touches such as:

WP XPLOR open cartridge forks
WP shock absorber
Sherco OEM exhaust

Factory Models

The Factory edition models are the same bikes that our factory racers use. These limited edition bikes share the Racing model platform (same chassis & engines) with the following upgrades:

Full Akropovic exhaust on the 4t models
Full FMF exhaust system on the 2t models
KYB suspension with unique Sherco valving
Lightweight lithium battery
Blue anodized wheels
Cooling fan
Full skid plate
Solid rear disc rotor
Black anodized rear sprocket
Pyramid, anti-slip seat cover
Factory edition graphics

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Sherco currently seems the best choice for 2 strokes in the SA market for enduro. Great suspension and keihin carb!

The standard models that most will have access to has the exact same xplor forks as KTM

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
The standard models that most will have access to has the exact same xplor forks as KTM
If you go onto Sherco's website it does show the racing and factory bikes. Seems they are all available to the public? Or are they only for sponsored riders?

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
If you go onto Sherco's website it does show the racing and factory bikes. Seems they are all available to the public? Or are they only for sponsored riders?

Meant to say are the factory bikes only for sponsored riders

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Meant to say are the factory bikes only for sponsored riders

Like SBR said only a very few Factory editions are allocated to SA so your standard sherco that most will buy on the dealer floor will not have KYB and all those trick bits

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Like SBR said only a very few Factory editions are allocated to SA so your standard sherco that most will buy on the dealer floor will not have KYB and all those trick bits
Ok cool. Very awesome bike and it looks lekker with the white plastics... proper bike that!