WE BUY CARS

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Interesting article on WBC, https://mybroadband.co.za/news/motoring/366630-webuycars-how-many-cars-they-sell-and-how-much-money-they-make.html

I decided to sell my 2018 KTM 250F Six Days a few weeks ago as I have not ridden the bike since lock down (March). I washed the bike on Sunday afternoon and took a few pics before posting an advert for 65k on the Bookface group 2nd Hand Dirt-bikes & Accessories. Within 2 hours I had a chap interested that wanted to view the bike first thing on Monday morning. Due to meetings, the earliest I could see him was at 11:00. He arrived at 11:00, started the bike and rode it around the parking lot at my office and said he wants it.

I told a mate about this who is in the process of immigrating, he phoned the same chap I dealt with, came around and left with his VW Polo, trailer and 2017 KTM 250 XCW. The bike is "sold" pending a finance deal for 70k! Again they just added new plastics and a sticker kit.

Amazing how some well known 2nd hand dealers are struggling to sell bikes, yet others are buying and moving them at crazy prices!

Last edited:

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
Such a simple and effective business model.
I've sold 2 vehicles to them over the last 4 years and I got the price I wanted on both occasions with immediate payment, hassle free.
They have an excellent route to market and the best channels to advertise and market their stock.
Their buyers are also well trained and they know what is hot and was isnt.

Other companies like Fire-it-up wouldn't even consider looking at dirtbike 3 years ago, now they're advertising on Facebook "KTM offroad bikes wanted".

Last edited:

Paul-OSC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Interesting article on WBC, https://mybroadband.co.za/news/motoring/366630-webuycars-how-many-cars-they-sell-and-how-much-money-they-make.html

I decided to sell my 2018 KTM 250F Six Days a few weeks ago as I have not ridden the bike since lock down (March). I washed the bike on Sunday afternoon and took a few pics before posting an advert for 65k on the Bookface group 2nd Hand Dirt-bikes & Accessories. Within 2 hours I had a chap interested that wanted to view the bike first thing on Monday morning. Due to meetings, the earliest I could see him was at 11:00. He arrived at 11:00, started the bike and rode it around the parking lot at my office and said he wants it. Turns out he was from the leisure division of WBC and did an EFT for the asking price there and then. Within two days the bike was on the WBC website for 85k with new plastics and a sticker kit. Bike was sold within a week.

I told a mate about this who is in the process of immigrating, he phoned the same chap I dealt with, came around and left with his VW Polo, trailer and 2017 KTM 250 XCW. The bike is "sold" pending a finance deal for 70k! Again they just added new plastics and a sticker kit.

Amazing how some well known 2nd hand dealers are struggling to sell bikes, yet WBC are buying and moving them at crazy prices!
Can you remember the guys name you worked with?

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They do give good pricing. Not always first off like in your case, they came back three times to me re my wife's Honda Jazz and at the end when they came back with my asking price the car was sold the day before. Good to know in this current market (y)

The problem is buying from them, you sign an offer based on an auction agreement that gives you a lot less recourse should you not be happy or feel you did not get what you paid for. Well, it is not a problem if you know what you are getting into - read the fine print I suppose.

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
I went away with Alfie on a trip last week, he says business is booming and he can't buy enough second hand bikes. All his old bikes stuck away in the back of his shop have been sold. He says there is no sport on at the moment, so people are buying bikes to go ride.
On his website there are only 3 used bikes for sale, normally there are a lot more

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Its good to hear that the sport isnt as dead as the forum... Or maybe that people are spending less time in fornt of the laptop and more time on the bikes, or eating huge burgers... o_O Having said that, i tried to offload a 1 owner VW Polo about 3 years ago, they came in really under the asking price. Funny that at that time, Ford gave me more then asking price as a trade in so went with them...

Paul-OSC

Forum Member
Reaction score
Of course I can, why?
I have spoken to a manager (Midrand branch) at WBC today and he said there is absolutely no affiliation/partnership to any other dealers whatsoever. Someone is taking a big chance here and WBC will be investigating the matter.

NUMSCH

Reaction score
I have spoken to a manager (Midrand branch) at WBC today and he said there is absolutely no affiliation/partnership to any other dealers whatsoever. Someone is taking a big chance here and WBC will be investigating the matter.
Investigating what exactly?

NUMSCH

Reaction score
The fact that a certain dealer is going around buying bikes under the pretense they are the leisure division of We Buy Cars which I have already confirmed is not true at all.
We Buy Cars phoned me and confirmed that these guys are not part of them so I will edit my original post!