What are your plans during lockdown?

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Be as well having another COVID-19 thread...

What are your plans? Bike maintenance? DIY? Building something? No matter how mundane or silly it seems lets all post what we are doing here, it might help relieve someones boredom and it might give others a kick up the ass to get started with something.

I've started tidying up the little Oset for #102, didn't take any before pics but I'll take some progress pics going forward. Also been doing some DIY in both bathrooms, removed the burglar bars and re-painted them in our bathroom, will start on the second bathroom shortly. Also need to re tile the steps out to the patio, the little fuckers angels broke the tiles with their bicycles. I've already chipped them up and bought what needs to be bought, might start that today.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I fitted a number board, new brake levers and perches, brake pads and cables to the little Oset, also started cleaning up the wheels and will replace the tubes. Anyone know how to get these V-Brakes to spring back? The seem to stick after they are pulled... been trying to adjust them for about a whole bloody day already.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I fitted a number board, new brake levers and perches, brake pads and cables to the little Oset, also started cleaning up the wheels and will replace the tubes. Anyone know how to get these V-Brakes to spring back? The seem to stick after they are pulled... been trying to adjust them for about a whole bloody day already.
Q20 bra!

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I have removed the calipers, cleaned the "stays" and re-greased, cleaned the calipers and Q-20'ed the tits off them, endlessly adjusted the lever and tension on the cable, it must be something to do with the springs, might just end up replacing the calipers.

Are you going to be converting your Yamahaha to an Enduro bike? That should keep you busy into and beyond the lock down.

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I have removed the calipers, cleaned the "stays" and re-greased, cleaned the calipers and Q-20'ed the tits off them, endlessly adjusted the lever and tension on the cable, it must be something to do with the springs, might just end up replacing the calipers.

Are you going to be converting your Yamahaha to an Enduro bike? That should keep you busy into and beyond the lock down.
No, I have an Enduro bike thanks.

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
I have been building a 14 foot mahogany runabout boat so I will put in some hours on that.

Thankfully we have a fully equipped pain cave so I can keep running and cycling indoors.

Mark- those V-Brakes, go get new cable outers and cables from a bicycle shop, will cost less than R100, then Q20 on the springs and you should be good to go.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been building a 14 foot mahogany runabout boat so I will put in some hours on that.

Thankfully we have a fully equipped pain cave so I can keep running and cycling indoors.

Mark- those V-Brakes, go get new cable outers and cables from a bicycle shop, will cost less than R100, then Q20 on the springs and you should be good to go.
Pics of the boat please DD and whatever you are doing to it. Seen a little on FB but post it here too please.

Didn't replace the outer but did replace the braided cable, it runs very freely through the sheath. Will give it another go today before replacing the calipers.

adamktm

Forum Member
Reaction score
I will be giving my 250 a make over. New plastics, stickers, seat cover, pipe, pipe guard and chain and sprockets.

Before pics unnamed (1).jpg

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the tiles down and remembered why I don’t enjoy tiling. I tiled 80sqm at home last December, you save a whack on labor cost if you count youown tine as “free”if you work out an hourly rate for your labor to what you think you’re worth for an hour you get a serious spanking.

I’ll leave it till this evening then grout. If I can keep the dog, kids and missus from walking on them till then.

It’s not perfect but that is the fault of the person that originally laid them. In hindsight I should have chipped them all up but I am lazy.

496BB273-2CAA-4DFB-96A8-2A2B3A1BFB66.jpeg

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Alright then.

Video or it didn’t happen.
As soon as I get them right. So far I have 1/3 lift and 3 mini pivots to make a full 180 degree. When I do a close-to-90 degree up and full 180 degree pivot, I'll start the recordings!

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
As soon as I get them right. So far I have 1/3 lift and 3 mini pivots to make a full 180 degree. When I do a close-to-90 degree up and full 180 degree pivot, I'll start the recordings!
Where is the fun in that? Progress video's will be much better. Be a sport.

Adam_10

Forum Member
Reaction score
Got the tiles down and remembered why I don’t enjoy tiling. I tiled 80sqm at home last December, you save a whack on labor cost if you count youown tine as “free”if you work out an hourly rate for your labor to what you think you’re worth for an hour you get a serious spanking.

I’ll leave it till this evening then grout. If I can keep the dog, kids and missus from walking on them till then.

It’s not perfect but that is the fault of the person that originally laid them. In hindsight I should have chipped them all up but I am lazy.

View attachment 2814
Will be doing something similar... Have stairs at the back that need to be tiled... Will also be replacing the wooden table top on my bench and table for outside... Also need to make a small gate to keep the puppy away from the water meter, when puppy gets bigger he will eat said water meter readers... Will post photos when complete...