What to buy?

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey gents,

I recently started riding a lot more, and it's time for something to haul the bike(s) with.

I have around 100k to spend. Any thoughts on capable vehicles?

I am comfortable hooking up an x-ramp when it's just me, and pulling a trailer when we're 2 or more. Unfortunately, for 100k it doesn't seem like I would be able to find an extended/dual cab bakkie worth having. At the moment I am looking at something like a Subaru Forester. AWD and loading capacity is a great combo. I don't want to get stranded or damage the car when driving to places such as Wolwekloof or somewhere in Lesotho/Swazi.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
NP 200 or Corsa, will be surprised where they can go
Does the small UTE's have enough space for 2 people + clothing and kit? I've driven with a mate a couple of times, but loading the 2 bikes and kit is always a mission. Did we do it wrong?

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
I loaded kit behind the seat with my NP200, can fit 2 boxes between the bikes for kit also, plastic boxes from Westpac, just dont get one thats too big, will also keep kit dry on the back.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
I loaded kit behind the seat with my NP200, can fit 2 boxes between the bikes for kit also, plastic boxes from Westpac, just dont get one thats too big, will also keep kit dry on the back.
Hmmm, that's good to know. They will probably be the most reliable option in my price range.

Are you happy with the NP200? Would you buy it again instead of a Chevy/Corsa?

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Buy the Corsa! Thirsty but bullet proof! 1st 3 years of bakkie was Corsa diesel and then Corsa sport. The newer corsa or "Chevy" was kakker than the Gamma shape corsa but Myself and @Milkster both owned these small ones and 2up almost everywhere we went.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Buy the Corsa! Thirsty but bullet proof! 1st 3 years of bakkie was Corsa diesel and then Corsa sport. The newer corsa or "Chevy" was kakker than the Gamma shape corsa but Myself and @Milkster both owned these small ones and 2up almost everywhere we went.
Did you put your kit in crates on the back?
If you were in my shoes, which one would you go for? Finding a well kept diesel is going to be a bit of a mission.

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately all the previous shape ones would be fuckt by now unless you can find a one owner vehicle. I will not buy an NP200 regardless of my situation or needs.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately all the previous shape ones would be fuckt by now unless you can find a one owner vehicle. I will not buy an NP200 regardless of my situation or needs.
Guess I will be looking out for one of the 'modern' Chevy branded 1.8s.

Herco

Forum Member
Reaction score
If you not in a hurry, wait a little while. There are going to be plenty of vehicles and other things available shortly
You do have point. I can make due with lending my dad's x-trail or hitching rides for a little while... But it is a proper pain.

Last edited:

Shawn

Forum Member
Reaction score
The NP 200 8 valve is a problem, my 16 valve had 320 000 km on with no problems , replaced clutch and steering rack only . The Corsa’s are also very good