Where's your line in the sand...

Flipped Out

Forum Member
Reaction score
We are busy putting things in place to have an Australian escape route available. You have 5 years to activate your residents visa and I think its a great idea to have an option should things go to (total)shit.
I think load shedding was my final straw - the song of a thousand generators makes my blood boil - as said above its a noisy reminder of how our national infrastructure is falling apart due thieving, inept, corrupt governance.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ya it is a simplistic view, it is my 2c,

Negative nancy much with generators- If you don't like generators sell solar, the point is you either see problems or opportunities/solutions, go to Aus or NZ you still going to see problems not opportunities and you will still be grumpy.
Have a beer and enjoy the African sunset- even if it is over a generator powered electric fence
Hear hear! Well said! We have it good here. Sure there is kak but fok mense name 1 country that has no kak.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Warren

Forum Member
Reaction score
Well it is all about perspective, allot of people will apply hindsight should anything bad happen and at the end of the day the most important thing is the safety of you and your family. After been attacked just over a year ago and been shot 7 times by 4 BM I have a clear perspective as I remember having the same conversation amongst mates before the attack and my opinion was similar to most of the previous comments. After the attack it has changed dramatically, it was not been shot but I ended up unarmed fighting these MF and their utter hate and intent to kill still blows my mind. 33 rounds and they only hit me 7 times lucky they also crap at shooting.
I am extremely grateful my family was not there, I was fortunately alone but that reality that they could have been there (They were there 2 days earlier as we moved and I was clearing up some final stuff). This was on a fancy nature reserve housing estate 2km from town with access control and security patrols etc. so no complacency regarding security.
My point is that no matter how amazing SA is and even the neighboring countries these entitled militant sheep will keep on coming and the numbers are not in our favour, If I was on my own and had to only worry about myself no problem but these scum will always go for the vulnerable like the old folk, woman and children or 4 to 1 like my case.
There are many options if you in a position to make a move, we just came back from Spain spending a few weeks over there looking at homes all over and lifestyle and it is very doable, similar weather and the cost of living was similar but I would rather live in a 1 bedroom flat in Alaska if it meant my family was safe.
No harm in looking at some contingency plans just in case, we looked at several places in Europe with a decent climate and I was amazed how open minded some countries like Portugal and Greece were regarding Visas .

Last edited:

Grant

Forum Member
Reaction score
Woweeee that's certainly a rather simplistic view you have there! In most instances we have a "trespasser" or "trespassers" (usually the latter) in our midst, chances are they are not simply "trespassing" but are there to take whatever they wish usually with as much brute force as possible, most of these trespassing encounters end with people being murdered ,maimed, tortured, raped etc. It really boggles the mind that you can equate this to illegally riding on a farm.

You may see load shedding as an opportunity to sell noisy polluting generators, every time i hear one starting up i'm reminded of a thieving inept government, incapable of tying their own shoelaces, let alone running a country that is intent on stealing and pillaging everything until there is nothing left of value. Then what? SA becomes just another failed African country.
so its safe to say you are not a happy chappy

Grant

Forum Member
Reaction score
At the age of 52 going on 53 no chance of an entry into one of the sunny spots like Oz. Really stupid choices 4 years ago means I also don't have the cash to buy a spot.

I worry about my kids every day. Best I can do right now is private Cambridge education coupled with their Italian passports (courtesy of SWAMBO) which should give them an out. They are still young though.

I was mugged on New Years day by two local lads with pangas. Tried smashing the cars windows which didn't break but I am not ashamed to say that I have never experienced such fear.

Grant

Forum Member
Reaction score
absolutely,

tend to forget these details as we roll from one crisis or scandal to another.

Dean_E232

ClutchPump
Reaction score
At the age of 52 going on 53 no chance of an entry into one of the sunny spots like Oz. Really stupid choices 4 years ago means I also don't have the cash to buy a spot.

I worry about my kids every day. Best I can do right now is private Cambridge education coupled with their Italian passports (courtesy of SWAMBO) which should give them an out. They are still young though.

I was mugged on New Years day by two local lads with pangas. Tried smashing the cars windows which didn't break but I am not ashamed to say that I have never experienced such fear.
never be afraid to fear death or the possibility of it (being content with dying is another thing), nothing to be ashamed off , anyone who says they
not is a liar . in aug to dec of 1987 faced death almost on a daily basis and was shit scared every time and not scared to admit it either . most of us came home a few did not , may be selfish thing to say , but sure was glad that i was one of the many that did make it home.

Husky33

Forum Member
Reaction score
It is all relative to your current situation and experiences. People need to make a decision - is it that bad that you need to immigrate, then make the change and move. If you can't move are you going to let all the negativity consume you? Make the decision and do not sit and dwell on the negativity. We have too much of it already in our country.

Just to add some perspective so that people don't assume that I make statements because crime hasn't affected me -

In my previous response I did not mention that my brother and his wife were tied up for 3 hours while they smacked them around and robbed them of most of their belongings. My mom was hijacked and her head cut open when the gun jammed they hit her with the butt of the gun. My father was also hijacked but thank goodness he wasn't phyiscally injured. My home was broken into and stuff stolen as well as my bakkie stolen and thank goodness me and my wife were not there. All the above happens worldwide!

Everything I am about to type is my opinion and is not for 1 moment intended to offend but I would like to share.

Every 2nd SAfrican is so higly strung and so negative about fokken alles. It's this ones fault that i am here. It's that ones fault for this and that. We all need to move to the crime free, unlimited jobs, paradise called anywhere but SA. People feed off one anothers anxieties and fears and then politicians and media fuels the anxiety and fear. Okes sit at braais and continue to dwell in this paranoia and anxiety. I am not for 1 moment saying things are perfect here but dammit if things are kak for you then move. If you are unable to move for whatever reasons then are you simply going to live the rest of your life in fear and spread negativity to every1 around you? Do something about it or try be more positive. Either way it becomes your reality.

The point I want to make and please note this is simply my opinion, whatever is meant to be will be. I am not for 1 moment stating that you can go walk around the streets at 12 at night or keep your house open - you must always be vigilant and this is applicable to anywhere you go as igonrance is bliss. If it is your time it doesn't matter where you are in the world, it is your time...

Many SAfricans have this blurred imagination that things are better overseas, reality is that murder, rape, corruption, unemployment, racially motivated crimes is all over the world.

Many people immigrating to NZD - NZD has the highest suicide rate in the world. Google it and you will see why. Aus also has an extremely high rate. Europe and America has their own kak with terrorist attacks etc.etc. we can go on all day and go into details of each country.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/opinion/warning-grass-is-not-greener-on-other-side-2027684?fbclid=IwAR3JFVAIAhS7nhaQwzMv3NEMlNiCpDWsQCqMK2q0FHWXFlNGithpeRGH8Ag

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
Life was perfect back before ' 94 .... oh wait ... that's only if you were white

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
Life was perfect back before ' 94 .... oh wait ... that's only if you were white
Not really perfect looking at statistics, it was average compared to the rest of the world. I was still a toddler in 94 and my parents were fairly new to SA at the time, so no idea. I'm talking about today tomorrow and the future.

In other news I registered a new pty Ltd yesterday, so I'll probably stick around for a while ...

In even more other news... who will the illuminati vote in this year ...

OFFROAD FANATIX

Forum Member
Reaction score
But look at Herman Mashaba whose "Black like me" company is a huge success and was started during the apartheid era 30 years back. In my opinion, if the Black people were less in numbers it would have been a much better live for them but did they not have family planning as a priority. Simple example is: 10 people apply for a job versus 1000 people apply for a job. The less people available for the post the more the pay. Imagine if there was only 1 person to apply for a job! Economics 101. And today that trend continues and thus the masses are shooting themselves through the foot. GO and google the 10 best countries in the world and you will see that 9 of them is European and the other is Canada. Now go look at their demographic....Whiteness all the way.