Who killed 101

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Sheeeesuhs...... I am biting my tongue. A certain somebody must be buried head first to the waist with embarrassment.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I looooove karma

Tman21

Happily Married
Reaction score
They have some awesome tips and im sure its a safe space for millen's and vegans!! They can only sprout going forward . . .

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Ja boys. It's quite sad to see the lack of activity.

Some of it is my laziness and losing interest due to not having a bike at the moment. Some of it a sign of the times and social media being so easy to access. Some of it is due to me turning off new registrations because we were, and still are, getting hit by spammers. I dont want to close the forum but it is not going to survive with activity like this. I'm busy talking to someone (Not Oz or Russel) that has an interest in taking it over. It will only be handed over if we have a concrete solid plan of how to fix, resurrect and improve what we currently have. Otherwise I'll close it.

Please post your suggestions and feedback here on how we fix it.

The things I know we need to do are the following:

Tech evenings need to start happening again at whatever level, be it actually technical or just a piss up.

Social rides need to start happening again, this is difficult for me not having a bike at the moment.

Tours need to start happening again. Same problem being bikeless.

We were kindly donated a license (VB5) for a new version of the software we run (VB4), about 360 USD worth by Server Admins who we host with. I dont believe the software is a reason for a decline in activity but it does need to be looked at in the future for security (spammer) reasons and to stay current.

Our own social media needs to be revived. Where a platform like FB is competition to a platform like this it is also a good way of fishing for new members. We have a FB page, a Twitter and Instagram account but I have not posted anything on them for years.

Advertising in the begging was good and the forum actually made money. People dont have money for advertising these days so that has all but dried up. This needs to be revived and re-designed with a new pricing model that doesnt necessarily involve money at all. I'd be happy to swap product for advertising space and to give the product away on the forum.

I’m still not convinced about the whole content pumping thing, we tried it before with RSS feeds and it clogged up the “activity feed”. I still believe that members need to create the content.

A few guys have mentioned the slagging off thing as well, I’m not convinced it’s a huge issue but some are saying it chases away new members. Maybe just bear it in mind, you know who you are.

It would be sad to close the forum but we do need to change some stuff to make it work again.

Ash_

Forum Member
Reaction score
I only used Tapatalk before and do find myself not checking in as much and when you do its the same couple threads that are active which is normally just okes talking kuk. Though when this topic came up before most of the regulars liked the idea of the off topic chat but yes that will limit new members, but hey at least a handful of okes are happy though its at the detriment to the forum.

I was keen on tech evening when i first saw as it seemed like a good place to understand some of the technical bits that limits me doing my own minor services etc but then it seemed it was more of a braai and no tech. Just goes with the theme of derailing threads. Have a tech evening that is about technical issues and have a braai that is just a braai.

Defiantly more social rides should be organised so the others can get to know everyone but someone needs to take the lead and actually organise one, also it doesn't have to be a big event where no one can pin a date down and never ends up happening. I saw something about a pits for the dewildt funduro and that could be a good start as it seems several of moto101 will be riding it and maybe a chance to get new people on the forum.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
One issue with the above. All ideas are JHB based, so focus is local. Need to reach out to all walks of life.

Also feel that the way people like armpump were treated was the start of the death of new content.
Not sure about the rest, but I felt like rather reading than posting cause some crucified every post others made.