Why so many Motorcycle Rider Trainers all of a sudden?

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Whats the deal, why are there so many so called "motorcycle rider trainers" lately. It seems thats the latest thing. Just because you can ride a bike does not make you a qualified trainer :icon_twisted:. There are a few guys who have solid credentials and have won championships, been at the grind for years and know their stuff but most have not. I have seen in Australia to become any sort of "trainer" you need insurance, qualifications, and public liability etc but here you just need to know how to ride. :baby:

I suppose its the same at gyms, just because you have a few muscles you can become a personal trainer.

SCOTTYDOG

Forum Member
Reaction score
These guys need to make a little pocket money as I don't think there is "Spur" money in the month...

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Think I only know about 2 or maybe 3 :33:

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
I speak for mx. Junior wins a regional race or perhaps even a national. Mommy and daddy see the potential. Next best think gets taken out of formal schooling and starts home schooling. (PC term for “no schooling”) Then the house gets bonded to buy new bikes. Turns out the team that up and coming rockstar rides for is pay your way and not a sponsorship. The full time mx rider boy wonder has a stint in Europe. Does not qualify for main race. Doubt sets in as he is lapped by 5 riders in Last chance qualifier. Reality sets in. 22 years old, no payed ride, no education, parents can no longer afford to finance the dream. What to do, what to do. A new riding trainer is born.

J37

Forum Member
Reaction score
I speak for mx. Junior wins a regional race or perhaps even a national. Mommy and daddy see the potential. Next best think gets taken out of formal schooling and starts home schooling. (PC term for “no schooling”) Then the house gets bonded to buy new bikes. Turns out the team that up and coming rockstar rides for is pay your way and not a sponsorship. The full time mx rider boy wonder has a stint in Europe. Does not qualify for main race. Doubt sets in as he is lapped by 5 riders in Last chance qualifier. Reality sets in. 22 years old, no payed ride, no education, parents can no longer afford to finance the dream. What to do, what to do. A new riding trainer is born.
:thumbs up:

Education/Job > Dirt bikes
In SA at least*

sithe

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sounds very familiar ... I know a few exactly this same story ...

Ten Bar

Forum Member
Reaction score
Bull, good one and you are spot on. Just find it strange that even in Off Road- everyone is a coach! They have fk all experience but now they are coaching kids whose parents think they are going to be mini Jarvis's.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
a good portion of the riding community is in cloud cookoo land...
Little johnny places 5th at a regional, and expects yamaha/ktm/husky or who ever to arrive at their door with some free bikes, a sprinter and salary:icon_lol:

And as far as trainers go, you don't necessarily need to be the best rider, to be a good trainer...
Conversely I have some mates who are outstanding riders, but they only advice they have for anyone is "hit it in 2nd" because they dont actually understand why they are good, it just happens naturally.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
a good portion of the riding community is in cloud cookoo land...
Little johnny places 5th at a regional, and expects yamaha/ktm/husky or who ever to arrive at their door with some free bikes, a sprinter and salary:icon_lol:

And as far as trainers go, you don't necessarily need to be the best rider, to be a good trainer...
Conversely I have some mates who are outstanding riders, but they only advice they have for anyone is "hit it in 2nd" because they dont actually understand why they are good, it just happens naturally.
those who can, do, those who cant, teach :icon_lol: but you're right those with a natural talent, or have been riding since they were kids don't know how to teach because it comes naturally. The ones who have struggled to learn and end up semi-decent are generally much better at coaching