Wifey bike

Fires

Forum Member
Reaction score
@Eben, no worries bud. The reality is that the crf230 is pig heavy but its low seat height and tractor power make it a very capable machine. Yes many will say the suspension is sh*t and the engine at mid to high is pap but at the end of the day it's still one of the best ladies / beginner bike around and has stood the test of time alot longer then many other models.

KTM freeride and ktm200 lighter and over all better equipped but then you are going to have to to pony up more doe. All I can say is every ride my wife has taken her 230 including group rides the 230 took her around with ease. But as you progress and want less weight and more refinement then you will be shopping around again.

We having a look at options now but will have to be something good to unseat her 230 I can tell you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Good all round advise here!

Like we spoke about on Saturday Eben, think the 230 will be a good all round learner bike, they are indeed bullet proof! But definitely get her on one and puttering around as a test (lots around to try, think Luke offered too?) and then if she is happy pull the trigger! I am busy trying to acquire a 230 for my girlfriend too :)

Eben

Forum Member
Reaction score
New pots and pans are better investment.
She would not take that well....at all hahahahahahaha

Good all round advise here!

Like we spoke about on Saturday Eben, think the 230 will be a good all round learner bike, they are indeed bullet proof! But definitely get her on one and puttering around as a test (lots around to try, think Luke offered too?) and then if she is happy pull the trigger! I am busy trying to acquire a 230 for my girlfriend too :)
Totally forgot Luke offered up his mom's 230 too! cool! I see nice-ish ones for around the 15k-20k mark, and we do have duplicate gear for her I've collected over the years, so even if she doesn't take to it, it's not end-of-the-universe type situation and my sis could inherit it too.

lukekay

Forum Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot Luke offered up his mom's 230 too! cool! I see nice-ish ones for around the 15k-20k mark, and we do have duplicate gear for her I've collected over the years, so even if she doesn't take to it, it's not end-of-the-universe type situation and my sis could inherit it too.
Yeah they around that mark, pretty bullet proof and simple to work on. Well as you said if your wife says "oh eh eh eh" and decides that it ain't her cuppa then your sister will definitely not let it sit in a garage :thumbs up:

get her the WR450 - most of the "guys" that ride these at WW seem to ride like woman .. @lukekay
shabsta you're on a roll today, first the womens riding kit fitting me perfectly and now saying I ride like one on my WR450 :icon_twisted: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Herminator

Forum Member
Reaction score
All the Girls want to ride with their Boyfriends until you hit the first piece of afkak
Then the bike stands, but luckily they cannot then complain if you go riding all day, because
they can come with if you want.

Nothing against female riders though, there are plenty who can ride circles around me

Astrid

Roosters Bizatch
Reaction score
All the Girls want to ride with their Boyfriends until you hit the first piece of afkak
Then the bike stands, but luckily they cannot then complain if you go riding all day, because
they can come with if you want.

Nothing against female riders though, there are plenty who can ride circles around me
If you ride because a friend/boyfriend/sister/uncle (you get my point) rides, then you probably don't really want to ride. IMHO you should ride because you want to.

Eben

Forum Member
Reaction score
Oh she wants to ride, and I'm sure she'll be able to .. she just needs to get past the mental block I inadvertently created when we were dating, and I told her how dangerous riding is and that I could die everything I get on the bike. To sound macho and manly and stuff. And for massages after rides...:27:

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
Oh she wants to ride, and I'm sure she'll be able to .. she just needs to get past the mental block I inadvertently created when we were dating, and I told her how dangerous riding is and that I could die everything I get on the bike. To sound macho and manly and stuff. And for massages after rides...:27:
Dude the best riding I have is when it's with my family, both my wide and kid ride and I could not care less if I am pottering around at rhinopark or on a group ride to dw or in the blue loop at WW. When your riding with your family it's less about the afkak and more about the awesomeness that is family rides.

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score
You all have it wrong, get her a KTM 500 she will hate it then you have another bike,,,, not your fault

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
if you were still dating, we can imagine how good the massages were:icon_lol:

Eben

Forum Member
Reaction score
Dude the best riding I have is when it's with my family
The couple who rides together, stays together. Also would be cool to have her know what I'm talking about when I tell her how I almost high sided into a doring boom when I whiskied over a root and feathered the clutch to save it.

You all have it wrong, get her a KTM 500 she will hate it then you have another bike,,,, not your fault
Shhhhh... she might be reading this

if you were still dating, we can imagine how good the massages were:icon_lol:
Yeah.... good times hahaha..
Thank for the advice and the laugh guys. I'll sort her out soon.

Anel

Reaction score
I am actually reading this and have to be honest with you all. It would not be fair for me to get the KTM first. I just want to learn to ride and be good at it. Sorry for not introducing myself, think hubby did a good enough job of introducing me.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
I am actually reading this and have to be honest with you all. It would not be fair for me to get the KTM first. I just want to learn to ride and be good at it. Sorry for not introducing myself, think hubby did a good enough job of introducing me.
KTM's aren't always people's first bikes, they are usually the last ones though.

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for signing up.

Awakener

Ahhhhhhh NOT STOP
Reaction score
Anel welcome and hope to see you on a group / family ride soon.

Anel

Reaction score
Thanks Rooster! Looking forward to all the tips! I might be getting a lesson sooner than I think! I am so amped!