Wild West red loop times (including resting (and deadlifts))

doohickey

Reaction score
Hi all

anyone brave enough to post their typical red loop with koppie times ? (Inclusive of rest stops)

I hear times of 50min to 1h30min - but always a bit "hazy" on if this is ride time or from start to finish time

im not the best rider - I do it in about 1h50min (this includes rest time and about 30 deadlifts from falling off the off camber)

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
I managed 1:16 last time I was there

DenDirtbiker

I fall off a lot
Reaction score
I did a 55:03 including the new koppie start, but the route has changed since then with the new loop start and that lovely little piece of off camber happiness at the back of the koppie.

Francois M

Wild West Enduro Track
Reaction score
Vlakhaas and I ran 38 minutes last year, he cheated a little so you can bump his up to 39 mins.
@Francois M
Are you ever going to stop reminding me about that day, I chose the better line klaar!Guys like Iwan Roux , Paul Bothma are doing 38 /39 mins.The route is longer with some tricky new off camber sections which requires you to be really careful else you will tumble down the mountain and Pelindaba rock is eina to fall on .I put these sections in to avoid riding those long,loose unpleasant trails at the top of the koppie.

Kronos

Forum Member
Reaction score
did The red loop and koppie first time on monday 2h20min including rests ALot of them at the koppie, 2 deadlifts and a dented clutch cover

Kronos

Forum Member
Reaction score
When going up the Koppie I was like, there is no way you can go up this any faster than I am going now, True as some guy on a KTM motors past me, At least I know its possible, lol

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you ever going to stop reminding me about that day, I chose the better line klaar!Guys like Iwan Roux , Paul Bothma are doing 38 /39 mins.The route is longer with some tricky new off camber sections which requires you to be really careful else you will tumble down the mountain and Pelindaba rock is eina to fall on .I put these sections in to avoid riding those long,loose unpleasant trails at the top of the koppie.
If it were an MSA race with a 10M rule you would have been disqualified, therefore you cheated.

Mark800XC

Old and Slow
Staff member
Reaction score
He was nearly on the sand road that take you to the entrance instead of being in the red river. I'd hazard a guess at 50 - 80M off line.

Herminator

Forum Member
Reaction score
Does that include the full river, but no chicken routes round?

LupiniPower

Forum Member
Reaction score
I did a full red loop there recently including the new Koppie route in around 59 mins and was pretty chuffed.

The previous time I rode it with @thebob, probably took us over 1hr 40mins with plenty of stoppages as my stomach was totally fucked and cramping as a result of skipping my traditional pre ride toilet visit :icon_redface::icon_lol:

thebob

My name is Coco
Reaction score
I did a full red loop there recently including the new Koppie route in around 59 mins and was pretty chuffed.

The previous time I rode it with @thebob, probably took us over 1hr 40mins with plenty of stoppages as my stomach was totally fucked and cramping as a result of skipping my traditional pre ride toilet visit :icon_redface::icon_lol:
1h39m according to my Polar GPS

Reynhardt

Reaction score
first time i was there i did it with my yz 250 2t in just under 2 hours went there the other day with my yz 450 2014 did it in 1 hour and 40 min...that koppie is not a joke.:icon_eek::baby:

Freerider

Forum Member
Reaction score
I was there last weekend. New route is nice. 1:06 Full koppie and river.