Wiring...

Morne420

Reaction score
So I bought myself a ktm 450 smr last year December. It was race ready and after spending another 30 k my bike got stolen on 1st April. I bought myself this project bike but the wiring is way confusing.This is my first time wiring and really need to do this, i need to ride man... Ill post some photos quick and also take more pics as soon as possible for better viewing on wiring.. It would be much appreciated.. IMG_20200519_112653.jpgIMG_20200519_112653.jpg

Attachments

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
You should be able to download the manual online and get the wiring diagrams from there

Morne420

Reaction score
I tried.. Its a raider motor..only getting suzuki results...

Morne420

Reaction score
These are my struggles.. Any assistance would be appreciated.

miks

Forum Member
Reaction score
I may have misunderstood, I was under the impression you bought another KTM. What bike are you working on?

Morne420

Reaction score
I wish I could.. I got retrenched because of corona.. Im working on a raider 200 cc 4 stroke.. Its chinese import..

DangerDave

NotSoDangerous, Dave!
Reaction score
I wish I could.. I got retrenched because of corona.. Im working on a raider 200 cc 4 stroke.. Its chinese import..
So when I was 15 I re wired an old 83' DT125. My suggestion based on what worked for me back then is to try find a similar bikes wiring diagram.
Something with the same fuelling system(carb or fi), same number of strokes and then similar electric functions(starter/ no starter, lights etc). From that take the similar bikes wiring diagram and convert it to match the components on your bike and work from there.

I also remember I took it system by system. So start with the kill switch and spark system. Then the main headlamp or e-start, then the brake lights, indicators etc etc. treat them individually at first and once it is all wired then you can neaten up the loom.'

Morne420

Reaction score
So when I was 15 I re wired an old 83' DT125. My suggestion based on what worked for me back then is to try find a similar bikes wiring diagram.
Something with the same fuelling system(carb or fi), same number of strokes and then similar electric functions(starter/ no starter, lights etc). From that take the similar bikes wiring diagram and convert it to match the components on your bike and work from there.

I also remember I took it system by system. So start with the kill switch and spark system. Then the main headlamp or e-start, then the brake lights, indicators etc etc. treat them individually at first and once it is all wired then you can neaten up the loom.'
Im going to give it a try, ill start with killswitch.. Thank you Dave

Morne420

Reaction score
Its just so frustrating as this is a project bike and the parts and stuff, everything, its just looking weird.. Like, i start with something but then theres like another wire and im not sure about bridging...Ill get it eventually..