Wolwekloof Enduro Track - Purple Loop day

WolwekloofEnduro

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just a quick note.
We know that many guys want to try the 5.6km of the purple loop marked thus far (Full loop will be 20km eventually), but don't have a buddy that will try it with them.
We therefore have a bunch of guys meeting up at Wolwekloof at 7AM Saturday morning and we are heading out to where the two segments that are marked so far starts at 8:00AM. We have a photographer or two out on the loop for some action shots and video.
If you have done the "Keep Smiling" split on the red loop before, it's like that, but for 5km plus and over mostly virgin terrain. Advanced riders only. Please take plenty water and wear all your gear.
There will be a coolbox with Energade after 1.8km into the loop (After the end of the "Chasm" segment.). Grab one. They are free. There will be arrows on the coolbox pointing to the escape route. If you are kaput by then, follow the arrow to the escape route and continue back to the pits via the Blue loop. (So far, no-one that tried the purple loop got further than where the coolbox would be.)

If you want to join, please shout when you get there so we know you are part of the group. (Marshalls have yellow bibs on)

PS. It would be really great if you can do the whole 5.6km AND record your ride on Strava so we can have a KOM for the Corkscrew Segment. (See: StravaWars )

Thanx for the support guys. We need that 5.6km ridden in so the team can continue marking the next segment of the purple loop instead of refreshing the markers on this bit the whole time.

GPX HERE for download

Cheerz

Last edited:

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Unfortunately I cannot make this one. Bummed.

Aidan

Carb 101 - ask me!
Reaction score
Hi

Is it arrive at 7:00am and clutch out at 8:00am?

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score
This is right up your alley Ian. I said it before, WK resembles HB in more ways than one.
Yup, but you do the maths
Three Rivers - Heidelberg 42 kms
Three Rivers - Tussen koppies 48 kms
Three Rivers - Wolwehoek 152 kms

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
I tackled the answer based on Ian's information. Good thing he does not set exam papers!
Bit early for you to be on the pots, even though it's your birthday! PS: Happy Birthday!

BULL

The Blue Puta
Reaction score
Yes, I speak English, don't drink brandy and coke, haven't got a mullet and don't own Crocs :icon_lol:
I speak English, hate tappet and coke, no mullet and have never owned Crocs. This makes your assumption factually incorrect.:booty::booty: