World Enduro Super Series (WESS) 2018

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
So they have finally announced the full world Enduro super series to the detriment of a lot of the established extreme enduros (so far ktm factory has not attended the extreme events) seems like redbull is trying to make non-redbull races feel the pinch

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/3111-world-enduro-super-series-wess-confirms-2018-schedule-50-days-to-go

WESS 2018 schedule

Rnd 1. Extreme XL Lagares (Portugal) May 18-20

Rnd 2. ErzbergRodeo (Austria) May 31 – June 3

Rnd 3. Trefle Lozerien AMV (France) June 8-10

Rnd 4. Red Bull Romaniacs (Romania) July 24-28

Rnd 5. Red Bull 111 Megawatt (Poland) September (Date TBC)

Rnd 6. Gotland Grand National (Sweden) October 26/27

Rnd 7. Red Bull Knock Out (The Netherlands) November 10

Last edited:

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
On the up-side, now maybe the Roof will get graced by some superstars like the old days

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
On the up-side, now maybe the Roof will get graced by some superstars like the old days
?? Why? unless you are talking non-ktm superstars. so far ktm has not attended any of the non-WESS events and the roof is also not part of the WESS.

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
?? Why? unless you are talking non-ktm superstars. so far ktm has not attended any of the non-WESS events and the roof is also not part of the WESS.
My point exactly. With the earlier Roof dates of recent years and the Red Bull schedule, we have lost the pleasure of being able to watch some of the international heavyweights at the Roof. With a Roof date shifted back to December and with this schedule, we may get to see some of the superstars again from overseas at the Roof.

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
My point exactly. With the earlier Roof dates of recent years and the Red Bull schedule, we have lost the pleasure of being able to watch some of the international heavyweights at the Roof. With a Roof date shifted back to December and with this schedule, we may get to see some of the superstars again from overseas at the Roof.
I suppose that will be up to the organizers inviting them then as it doesn't appear that ktm will be sending them (or that they have any obligation to race it as part of the (former) world hard enduro series)

FSU!!!

FINGERS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Last year when Roof was part of the Redbull series we had alot of the international stars there though, highly doubt with the way its setup now there will be more attending this year

Tombstone

The Old Ballie
Reaction score
Last year when Roof was part of the Redbull series we had alot of the international stars there though, highly doubt with the way its setup now there will be more attending this year
Not as many as were used to having in years gone by. 2013 and before we used to get a proper line-up.

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
Agree

Sucks only watching 7 events a year. And then the entire event gets crammed into a 20min show.

Scully

Forum Member
Reaction score
Jarvis wasn't particularly happy with last years "the mother of hard enduro's"

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Jarvis wasn't particularly happy with last years "the mother of hard enduro's"
IMO had he won i doubt he would be coming back this year, but because he lost he will be back.

I think the org really missed a good opportunity for the 50 year event. They should have invited as many past winners as possible to attend the event (like what erzberg did for their 10year), really would have raised the profile of the event - make a big deal of the event, possibly not as much profit for that year but a boost for future years. The offroad provided did the opposite

WESS had a "to be confirmed" event listed for November until this week. I was really hoping that the roof was busy negotiating to be that event

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score

Naughty Ian

Gunston Green
Reaction score

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you misinterpreted it wrong, they are only doing WESS events and not the other ones
ok yep, that is what it appears will be happening, so if the roof wants foreign factory riders they will probably have to pay for them to come over

RyanI

Forum Member
Reaction score
So they have finally announced the full world Enduro super series to the detriment of a lot of the established extreme enduros (so far ktm factory has not attended the extreme events) seems like redbull is trying to make non-redbull races feel the pinch

https://enduro21.com/index.php/40-general/3111-world-enduro-super-series-wess-confirms-2018-schedule-50-days-to-go

WESS 2018 schedule

Rnd 1. Extreme XL Lagares (Portugal) May 18-20

Rnd 2. ErzbergRodeo (Austria) May 31 – June 3

Rnd 3. Trefle Lozerien AMV (France) June 8-10

Rnd 4. Red Bull Romaniacs (Romania) July 24-28

Rnd 5. Red Bull 111 Megawatt (Poland) September (Date TBC)

Rnd 6. Gotland Grand National (Sweden) October 26/27

Rnd 7. Red Bull Knock Out (The Netherlands) November 10

So the WORLD Enduro Series happens only in Europe!!!

swazi_matt

Forum Member
Reaction score
So does that mean no Jarvis this year at the Roof?
My prediction is that he will be back this year (because he lost last year). If he wins this year there is a good chance he will not come back (except to win it twice in a row) - that being said jarvis has been attending some of the traditional hard enduro races.

the WESS is a redbull series so that is what the redbull riders will be racing and i believe 90% of the redbull riders are on ktm