YZ250FX Enduro Bike

KTMFreeride

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am just wondering what are normal weekend warriors opinion on the YZ250FX bike.

I am looking to buy one for Enduro riding but haven't had the chance to try one out. Are there any problems with the bike one should know about?

Ps does anyone know of one for sale with low hours? The ones on the market all have alot of hours.

Thanx in advance for the input!

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
The only bike have owned, that I would never buy another one of... if you want a Yamaha, buy the 250t, such a good bike.

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score

I'll be the 1st to admit a mistake, and I'm not brand biased, I just appreciate good bikes for what they are. If you want a 250 4t, the ktm is the one... Although a sherco will probably be my next new bike in 2020.

DT_Mania

Super Moderator
Reaction score
van die fokken yamaha 250 2t wat Ryan se is “such a good bike” engels is nie so moeilik nie - just the spelling is !
Is jy seker Engels is nie moeilik nie? Lyk nie of beide van julle twee dit verstaan nie.

StuartC

Forum Member
Reaction score

I'll be the 1st to admit a mistake, and I'm not brand biased, I just appreciate good bikes for what they are. If you want a 250 4t, the ktm is the one... Although a sherco will probably be my next new bike in 2020.
The YZ enduro conversion is also a capable machine

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Great bikes, in my opinion. I had a KTM 250f and now ride the 250fx. The FX does everything the KTM did. I am your average weekend warrior and I am happier on the FX. YMMV:thumbs up:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
Great bikes, in my opinion. I had a KTM 250f and now ride the 250fx. The FX does everything the KTM did. I am your average weekend warrior and I am happier on the FX. YMMV:thumbs up:
Why are you happier on the FX compared to the KTM? What year model was your 250F?

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Why are you happier on the FX compared to the KTM? What year model was your 250F?
It was a 2017 6 Days. Tough to say why I prefer it tbh. KYB vs WP makes no real difference to me:icon_e_biggrin: I like the power delivery of the FX as well as the mapping changes that can be made with the power tuner. For some reason I am just far more confident and comfortable on the Yammie:thumbs up:

NUMSCH

Former Duchess of Fourways
Reaction score
It was a 2017 6 Days. Tough to say why I prefer it tbh. KYB vs WP makes no real difference to me:icon_e_biggrin: I like the power delivery of the FX as well as the mapping changes that can be made with the power tuner. For some reason I am just far more confident and comfortable on the Yammie:thumbs up:
Interesting. Have you had to order parts for your FX, and if so were they readily available?

Siddo

Forum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Have you had to order parts for your FX, and if so were they readily available?
I have, and it isn’t too bad - two days maximum for the dealer to receive them. Here my experience was different with the KTM - parts were generally in stock at the dealer:thumbs up: . Not sure if this experience is dealer specific though?

Pom17

I like trying to get my 4T to lift the front. Soon
Reaction score
The only bike have owned, that I would never buy another one of... if you want a Yamaha, buy the 250t, such a good bike.
You dont often hear unhappy reviews on the 250FX.
What is it about the bike that you hated so much?

Bush Wacker

Forum Member
Reaction score
You dont often hear unhappy reviews on the 250FX.
What is it about the bike that you hated so much?
I will keep it short, so Ian can make it all the way through...

Its a 250f, that rides and feels like a 450, with a crap clutch, exposed electrics that fail, a weak clutch, runs substantially hotter than any other bike I have owned and the air box thing unclips every time you fall over, very annoying.. I don't know many people who have owned more than 1... (I actually don't know any, unless they were free)...
They should include a tow rope with every sale...

Last edited: